Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A week Day

So it's day 7. One full week out of the hospital & while I'm still scared I have also made progress every day.

Last night 2 friends hitched up their trailer & went & got my bike. And my grill. I rode along & picked up a few miscellaneous items. Was rushing around the house which is a total disaster since no one has been living ther for months & I wasnt that into cleaning when I was so sick. The place is a mess.

But there I was, rushing around, picking up little things I needed. Carrying a little more weight than recommended. & they took over the rest. Bike, supplies, Grill. All loaded & strapped into place in a few minutes time.

I have been worried sick about that bike being alone in that neighborhood for SO long & in just a few minutes it was loaded & whisked away to happier places. A huge weight off my shoulders.

And even with that I forgot to grab some things in my rush. Eventually I'll get them or be healthy enough to go clean the place up some. Standing in the middle of my disassembled living room I had the thought that I'll never live alone again. That could be a good thing or a bad thing but I will always have to have someone around for help with things. It;s a hard pill to swallow.

So its back into the truck & off we go. Headed for home. Stopped once to grab a drink for the road and away we went. The unload was quicker than the load itself. Had 3 extra sets of hands with Sis, & niece & friend. It was done. FINALLY.

Sis and niece had gone to eat mexican. They brought me home something. chili rellenos & a chicken enchilada. Yeah I know. Probably shouldnt eat that stuff. Thought the rellenos was gonna get me but it was the enchilada sauce that bit back. Turned my stomach into a gymnast in training for the Olympic games. I'm here to tell ya. Like I dont have enough to deal with.

It was tasty. And I hadnt eaten in awhile. I ate every thing on the plates. Sucked it up like I was never gonna eat again. Took my meds. Milled about for a few. Put some things away. Tried to tidy up my space. In a small place there's a place for everything & everything MUST be in its place.

I'm still working on getting all that down pat & cleaning out what doesnt belong. It's gonna take awhile with my limited capacities but I'm making progress every day. Thats what counts.

But then the exhaustion hit. No TV. Just slumber. I was asleep a little after 10pm. I woke up around 4am. Had a drink & a little something to settle the stomach and feed the beast. Then back to bed & didnt wake up again til almost 9.

I guess I overdid it a bit. But this morning I feel good. A little tired. A little sore. A little sick from the med cocktail. But all that will pass as I get moving along with my day.

Don't see this as being a big day. May go out to do a couple of things. When I get off here I'm taking my morning walk. I may do it without the walker to aid me. I didnt take it with me last night & did OK. Just more progress. And thats making me happy. I'm not focusing on all the things around me as much as just focused on my little bubble. And in that way the little things seem much bigger. And as I grow so will the bubble. I know this. Just have to stay disciplined.

Tomorrow? Well its my first clinic day. I dont know what to expect but I know they're not gonna cook me & eat me so we'll see what happens. Then its a follow up appt later in the day with the surgeon to check on all my wounds & incisions he made. I figure that to be a big day that will lead to a tiresome evening. I wish I hadnt forgotten my radio. I have no music when in private except the same tunes off my phone.

Damnit! rushed around too much. Never even looked at my list or would have seen it on there. Maybe I can give a gentle nudge to Sis today about getting a cable guy out here for a hook up.

So, off I go. Morning walk. I'm a little late for it but it waits for me. Today I venture outside the proprty lines of this place & walk down the roda a little ways. Put some incline & decline in the walk. Soon I hope to be doing thatn on grassy knolls. But not quite yet. One thing at a time.

So far, so good. I hope you have a good day too. That you are able to see your accomplishments & triumphs regardless of their size. Big buildings come from little bricks. Think I'll start building some more right now.

Love you guys for your support. I'm still trying.

PEACE!!

2 comments:

  1. Still saying prayers for you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like things are going much better....so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete