Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Day 6. Slip sliding away

Oh what a day. Computer problems @ home. Driving problems to work today. But I had an idea. I thought I'd write it here so it's published. Dont steal it or I'll sue your ass. LOL



So the roads in Atl are atrocious. Piss poor planning. And now they're sub-contracting road cleaning from construction companies. How much is that costing? And who has profitted? Well the heads of major corporations thats who. Well I had an idea. Gimme some feedback on this & try & stay with me.



First, ask for corporate sponsorship for future road cleanings in winter weather. Why? Well if the roads are clear then the employees get to work & lost days are a thing of the past. Why would they do that Greg? To improve their bottom line of course but also because it wont really cost them anything. How you ask? By purchasing act of God riders on insurance policies. Thats how. So by buying a policy to cover their expenses if we have more than a couple inches of snow or a qtr inch of ice. They cover the cost of sponsorship. You following along? The fat cats in their corporate hi-rises dont lose a penny. The roads are cleared in an acceptable fashion & time frame & the only ones who pay are the insurance companies but because they invest the premiuims first & this only happens every few years then literally no one loses.



Now thats the thought I had. Can it be done? Yeah I think so but further research would have to be done. If youre in the insurance industry or an executive for a major corp. then tell me what you think. BUt this is dated so unless you have a publication of a similar idea dated a day earlier then dont be taking my idea. lmao.



And then when we have a snow storm in the future the salt trucks would say stay back 200 feet. DO NOT PASS. Instead relax, Have a Coke & a smile. Is this brilliant or do I need to up my doseage?

1 comment:

  1. I've been in the insurance industry for... oh... most of my adult life... I could be wrong but I don't think there's any coverage you can purchase for clearing roads... snow and ice are named perils but you can only insure what you own. The government owns the roads. You can purchase an endorsement on a business policy that will include some interruptions in your normal business process for things like loss of power... but... I can't think of any way to provide the type of coverage you describe. I think that's called, "taxes"... that's how we insure that our roads are in good working order. Like I heard this morning, "4.7 million people, 10 snowplows - you do the math".

    ReplyDelete