Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 5 Snow day 2

ok. so I'm home again today. Ice has the highways completely shut down. And only now on the news has anyone made a comment about how much money the city is losing because of the lack of ability to service the roadways. I'm so glad our leaders & reporters are on top of things. I'd hate to think they were dense & short-sighted.
Its so bad that police officers are walking down the highways with hammers & shovels chipping out the tires of vehicles that have sat in one place for so long they have frozen to the interstate. So glad to see our tax dollars at work so efficiently. REALLY? walking truck to truck? Apparently the truckers that have had to sit overnight are pissed & theyre starting to let it show. But of course none of that will be shown. Because the southerners are doing the best they can. REALLY? Youre gonna use the "I'm a southerner so I dont know any better" defense? I guess it would be different if we lived in a society where we were able to beam pertinent information thru the airwaves, to space & back in the blink of an eye, to ask for assistance from areas of the country that deal with this on a much more regualr basis.
My prediction? Next will be the lack of ability to get to medical care. People will die because we only have 45 trucks in the entire metro area to service thousands of miles of roadways.You cant get to the hospitals. The ambulances cant get to you. Doesnt any of this piss you off?
I will say this. GA power got a phone call from me yesterday to inform them I had a power outage. Within 30 minutes a truck was on-scene. Power restored within an hour &1/2. Kudos.
But then there are the countless number of idiots. YEP I said it. IDIOTS who leave the house with 1/8 a tank of gas, run dry in traffic & abandon there vehicles in the middle of the damn road & just walk away. Where I come from when you came back your car would be plowed over or pushed off the road by a snowplow into a ditch. Here? theyre calling in a tow truck to gingerly move you to the side of the road. Wouldnt want to ding soccer mom's Beemer now would we? Doesnt matter that while you are performing that maneuver 30 others ran out of gas. Not to mention the thousands stuck in icy gridlock.
Nope I'll stay home today & try not to fall off my holier than thou soap box
What happened to common sense? Is it no longer politically correct?

No comments:

Post a Comment